Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Just watched Rather signing off...

That was sad, or maybe not - seemed like a good guy. Seemed as visually vital and weirdly intense as he always did. After watching his competent performance, I'd watch him again. Too bad I didn't while he was on. Damn you Joni Mitchell and your prophetic words from "Big Yellow Taxi" and I quote:
You don't know what you've got till it's gone
Maybe he'll run for public office. He probably should. His passion always seemed to spill over into the news he reported. News anchors are intelligent leaders. Fuck, they read the news all day long and command their own news machine. Quite honestly, they're probably the most perfectly informed citizen. Plus, he's a Texan. Wouldn't that combination make the perfect electable politician?

"Courage," Dan. You seem like you need it. Maybe now well find out the frequency, Kenneth. [I'm sorry, I couldn't resist.]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home